Affordable, Comfortable & Stylish Dining Chairs!
Put the finishing touches on your dining area with beautiful dining room chairs from the wide range at your nearest Amart store. Modern styling has never been so easy, with dining chairs in modern and classic designs available in timber, leather, upholstery, and even metal dining chairs too!
What are the different styles of dining chairs?
Find the perfect dining room chairs to partner with your existing dining table, or shop our dining room sets for a beautiful new dining table and chairs to blend with any style of decor.
Complement your Scandinavian, Hampton style, coastal, industrial or any classic interior design with modern dining chairs in a range of exciting designs such as:
- Rattan dining chairs - a stylish addition to the functionality of casual dining spaces
- Elegant French Provincial dining chairs in plush upholstery for a luxe look
- Sturdy and timeless wooden dining chairs - perfect for formal dining rooms and active family dining areas
- Grey dining chairs in quality fabric upholstery - the on-trend option
- White dining chairs in all different designs for a crisp, fresh ambience
- Black dining chairs in leather, timber or fabric upholstery - the sleek and chic ultra-modern look
- Painted metal dining chairs for a bold and cheerful statement, durability and resilience
- Designer dining chairs for times when nothing less than sophisticated elegance will do
How to choose the dining chairs to buy?
When shopping for dining chairs your checklist should include:
- Style and design- dining chairs need to complement your interior style and dining table as well as living room furniture if you have an open plan design.
- Comfort- if you like to linger over your meals or entertain guests, comfy dining chairs or armchairs are a must.
- Size and shape- measure to make sure the design you choose will fit comfortably beneath your dining table and alongside each other, taking into account seat heights and chair back widths, arms and the position of dining table legs.
- Cleaning- young families need dining chairs that are easy to wipe clean, such as timber, metal or even black or dark grey leather. Formal dining rooms and homes without young children are the place for luxurious upholstery dining chairs and light-coloured leather chairs.
Are dining chairs a standard height?
There aren’t specific industry standards in Australia with regard to dining chairs and dining table heights but they are similar.
The manufacturer’s dining chair height specifications generally refer to the height from floor to top of the back, not the seat. Measure the floor to seat height to ensure the chairs will fit comfortably beneath your existing dining table with enough room for your legs.
What are the most comfortable dining chairs?
Shape, design and textures all contribute to the comfort level of dining chairs. You need to take a seat to find the most comfortable dining chairs for you!
Padded upholstery or leather chairs are comfortable options, with other designs such as high-back dining chairs contoured for a comfortable fit. Options include:
- The popular Sorvino dining chairs feature contoured and cushioned backrests and padded upholstery seat cushions - comfort two ways!
- Consider the supremely comfortable Amarah dining chairs featuring a soft and luxurious quilted backrest and a padded seat.
- The French Provincial style of dining chairs is all about luxurious comfort. Try the La Salle dining chairs for a modern take on the comfy French Provincial design.
How do you mix and match dining chairs?
Generally a set of dining chairs will match, but you can create interest by adding two accent chairs at the end of the table:
- If you want to jazz it up a little choose a set of 6 or 8 armless dining chairs with two end chairs that have arms.
- Alternatively, add two end fabric dining chairs of the same style but in a contrasting colour.
- Choose indoor/outdoor dining chairs for al fresco dining
- Introduce a variety of homewares such as artworks, vases, and ornaments for contrast
You could even choose a dining table in a different style to pair with dining chairs you love, as long as they work together.