5 Sided Circular Knitted Mattress Protector (with 5yr Protection Plan) - Terms and Conditions
About the product
- Machine Washable
- Knitted Cotton Blend
- Maintains natural feel of mattress
- Air and Vapour Porous (Allows airflow whilst being waterproof)
Our commitment to you
As long as your mattress is covered by it's own manufacturer's warranty SMARTCARE will cover your mattress's ticking (The covering of your mattress) and mattress protector against accidental damage and spills, for a period of 5 years from date of purchase, provided your SMARTCARE mattress protector has been properly fitted at all times and been cared for as detailed below:
Your SMARTCARE mattress protector is warranted against faulty workmanship for five years from date of purchase. During this warranty period you are entitled to up to three free replacements should any fault occur with the mattress protector or should it fail to protect your mattress from any stain (when fitted in accordance with the instructions).
Easy Fitting Instructions:
- Fit the protector with the soft material facing up.
- Secure the elasticised ends to each corner of the mattress.
- Sleep well.
It's important to keep your mattress protector cleaned and in a sanitary condition. Note that lack of regular care may void the Mattress Protection Plan.
We recommend machine-washing in warm water at least every 2-3 months using regular washing detergents and pre-wash stain removers.
Do not use solvents or bleaches.
Do not iron the mattress protector as this can damage the special protective coating.
Tumble-dry on high heat but ensure the protector is repositioned several times during the drying cycle.
As required use a spot cleaner to remove any marks or stains on your protector. If you do notice any stains or marks check that they haven't penetrated the mattress.
When changing your bedding leave the mattress protector in place.
Vacuum your mattress protector regularly to remove and hair, dust and other foreign particles.
Ensure that your bedding is changed weekly.
Do not dry clean the mattress protector.
How to Make a Claim:
Go to www.amartfurniture.com.au/ and follow the links to SmartCare.
What is Covered?
Your SMARTCARE Circular Knitted mattress protector and the mattress ticking are covered for the following:
Accidental Stains to mattress protector and mattress's ticking (The covering) - where the mattress protector is fitted correctly but has failed to protect your mattress from the following:
- Food and Beverages
- Human bodily fluids
- Pen and Ink Stains
- Fake tans
- Chemicals such as bleach and other corrosive chemicals
Where it is determined cause of the mattress stain/damage is the fault or failure of the mattress protector SMARTCARE will steam clean or repair the mattress at no cost. Where the stain/damage cannot be removed SMARTCARE will, at our discretion, replace the mattress. In the event that the original mattress is replaced, the new mattress will not be covered under this Mattress Protection Plan and this Mattress Protection Plan will be concluded.
Accidental Damage to the mattress and mattress protector:
As a result of any spills or stains to the mattress which cannot be removed Rips or cuts to the mattress ticking (Top layer of the mattress)
As usual there are some exclusions and limitations to the Mattress Protection Plan and the mattress warranty. These do not affect your rights under statutory consumer guarantees that apply in Australia and NZ.
The Mattress Protector and Protection Plan cover apply when protectors and mattresses are being used for their intended purposes and maintained correctly using the products supplied or recommended by SMARTCARE.
What is not covered:
- Stains or damage caused by harsh chemicals, dyes and dye transfer
- Accumulated or multiple stains. (Note: This Mattress Protection Plan is for accidental stains and damage only. Such stains or damage must be reported to SMARTCARE within 5 days of their occurrence.
Accumulated or multiple stains are regarded as general wear and tear and not covered by the Mattress Protection Plan).
- Unidentified stains or damage
- Damage to the mattress or protector caused by burns or ironing
- Stains or Damage that occur while the mattress is in transit, being relocated (including within your home) or being turned.
- Damage or stains caused by pets or other animals.
- Damage caused by contractors or tradespeople working on your premises.
- Stains or damage to the mattress caused by deliberate and repetitive acts (including damage caused by children), mishandling (including damage caused by pulling or dragging the mattress) abuse or
- Stains or damage that result from using a protector when it is known to be damaged or defective
- Stains or damage to a mattress that has been mishandled, abused, neglected or exposed directly or indirectly to the elements (Eg: sun, wind rain).
- Stains or damage to the mattress not resulting from failure of the protector
- Stains or damage as a result of not properly fitting the mattress protector or not fitting the mattress protector at all.
- Normal wear and tear
- Stains or damage to a box spring structure or foundation of the mattress.
- Stains or damage to carpet or flooring due to liquid run-off
- Any loss that is covered under an insurance policy
- Fraudulent Activity
- Acts of God including floods, wind, fire or damage.
- Stains that are older than 5 days prior to being reported.
- In some cases the mattress may be too dirty to carry out an effective repair. A cost for the cleaning of the mattress prior to carrying out the repair shall be your responsibility.
- Water marks caused by spot cleaning (Note: This indicates that the general condition of the mattress is soiled. Watermarks are caused when the outer edges of a cleaned section blend into an uncleaned section leaving a soil ring.
What if the mattress cannot be repaired or cleaned?
SMARTCARE may, at its discretion, elect to pay household insurance claim excess or the replacement cost of the mattress or SMARTCARE'S replacement cost of the mattress, up to the cost of the original purchase price of the mattress whichever is the lesser option. At this point all of SMARTCARE'S obligations under this Mattress Protection Plan is complete and come to an end. Any replaced mattress becomes the property of SMARTCARE and your new replacement mattress is no longer covered by SMARTCARE'S Mattress Protection Plan.
What if I live in a remote area?
SMARTCARE reserves the right to limit the distance our repair technicians will travel to claims in remote areas. SMARTCARE reserves the right to determine the definition of "remote area" which is generally defined as any area outside of a 150km travelling limit from an authorised SMARTCARE repairer. In such circumstances SMARTCARE will pay for repairs and honour claims reserves the right, at SMARTCARE'S discretion, to require you to arrange and pay for transportation to and from the authorised repairer's residence outside of a given distance.
Your Rights as a Consumer:
This product comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian and NZ Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (Consumer Guarantees).
Consumer Guarantees apply to the supply of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law, Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or the Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) for NZ Consumers, and cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
The limited warranty provided under the Mattress Protection Plan applies in addition to the Consumer Guarantees (and any warranty offered by the retailer) and do not exclude, restrict or modify the application of any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy conferred by or implied under any provision of any statute where to do so would contravene that statute, or cause any part of this clause to be void.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, SMARTCARE excludes consequential loss of any kind (including, without limitation, loss of use of your furniture) and (other than expressly provided for in these terms and conditions) all terms, conditions and warranties implied by custom, the general law or statute.
This Mattress Protection Plan is given by UPcare Pty Ltd (ACN: 613651737) trading as SMARTCARE.